Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 67

   Haha yeah the other day we went out with Hermano Gutman to visit some people. Unfortunately, nobody answered the door! We tried visiting like 15 people, but nobody was home, and it was like 5pm. Idk, it was strange. But it was fun, he's a great guy, their family feeds the missionaries in the branch on Sundays. And yeah, Elder Gonzalez sweats more than anyone I've ever met! It's so funny. Like at least twice a day we'll be talking with someone in the doorway and they'll get this suprized look on their face and say, "Oh wow, do you guys need some water?". And I think it is the funniest thing. He has like beads of sweat on his face after like 10mins of being outside. It's useful I guess, we get in more houses because of it. 
    The work is pretty interesting here, lots of people lately have.. not like rejected us, but they just say they're not interested. Like a lot more than usual, so the other day we figured we'd try a different approach, we sang some hymns to people. So we'd walk up to them if they were outside or if it was a referral we'd contact it and ask them how their day is going and everything and ask if we could sing them a song. Even then, lots of people said no! I would reply, "just a quick song, it'll only take like a minute?" And they'd tell us that they already have a church and they don't want to hear anything about other beliefs. It was really strange! Some people liked it of course and a few invited us back, it was just really strange that someone would reject a little song. But I guess it helps us to know that they're not prepared to hear the gospel. Haha it is super interesting, we had a bunch of kids following us around when we were singing to people though, they were nice :P. 
    Laredo is pretty different, the weather is a lot dryer, and hotter. What a blessing that I'm here in the Summer. We have some awesome investigators, it's just really hard to keep in contact. I don't really know why people have phones down here or why they're always on them because they never answer their phone! It's crazy. Laredo is really great though, I am having lots of fun and growing a lot. Even though I feel that we haven't had lots of time for spanish studies, my spanish has improved, maybe not grammatically, but I can speak better. 
    The thing we're working on right now is having more animo in our zone. I don't know why or what it is but we just dont seem to have a lot of energy. I'm trying to help, I feel that I naturally have lots of energy. Who knows, I guess I'm just getting more accustomed to how things are here. 
    I've been thinking more and more about getting a new suit, Idk why but I really want to get a new suit. "Duncan we told you have to use the one we bought for you before your mission because it was expensive!" Yeah I know, and there's nothing wrong with the one I have, I just want a different color. Tons of missionaries find really cheap suits here that are really nice. One of the assistants has an awesome one that is like almost a denim color, and its an express and he got it all for like 175. But then thats just me liking to buy expensive stuff, you know how I am haha. 
     We were thinking of doing the mother's day call around 6 or 7 that night. So probably just plan on that night, I'm not sure if they'll let us shoot you a quick email the day before to make sure or anything, but let me know if that works for you. 
      I hope you guys have a great week and I'll see you soon! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment