Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 53

     Hey mom! I thought it was cold enough to wear a sweater yesterday, so I wore it out of the apartment, but turns out it wasn't. It was super hot in a sweater, so that's about how cold it is here. No sign of snow yet either.
    This week has been pretty good. Not much has happened out of the ordinary, like usual. Transfers are tomorrow, so either I or Elder Juarez will be transferred. I can't stay with my son for 3 transfers, I think I've only heard of that once. But that's ok, it's been a ton of fun these last two transfers. 
    The other night we went over to Alberto and Anahi's house and told them we will be most likely transferred. And Alberto was almost crying, they want us to come back after our missions and baptize their son, who is 4 right now. He said it has to be us two. Haha it was super nice, made us feel wanted. We ran out of money extra early this month because at the beginning of the month, we decided to buy nerf guns for the FHE's that we have sometimes at the church. We set up Dixie cups and let the little kids shoot them down so they aren't running around everywhere. It was probably not the best idea, but not much we can do about it now. So we have like no food in our apartment, and then I accidentally said that we have no food to one of our members and she gave us a ton of food. The Lord will provide haha.
    I got another flat tire yesterday, I think I've gotten like 6 or 7 in the last few months, super bad luck. Elder Juarez found these little green strips of plastic that line the inside of the treading and so he doesn't get flat tires, I don't know why but I didn't believe it would work so I didn't buy any, but I'll try it now.
    Lately we have had tons of meetings as a zone so that means we have to drive down to the next town, about 45mins away. There are 3 companionships here, we have bikes and the other two have trucks, so we'd usually just get a ride with one of them. But one companionship got their truck taken away for doing donuts and the other one doesnt have any miles left (they only give us so many miles per month). So we have been begging our members to drive us down. And I feel bad asking them for rides, but we have to. It's been like the same 3 people too. But the are the only ones with cars that have a little bit of free time off of work. But somehow I think it has helped our relationship with the members, I think it makes them feel good to serve the missionaries. And I mean, they'll be blessed for it, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad. 
    But yeah, I'll let you know next week what happened with transfers and everything, eek! Thanks for keeping me updated, I love you! Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment