Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 38

  This week was really great, despite Grammie's passing. When I got the call on Friday that she had passed on the day prior I shed tears in memory of her but then I went right out to work and was fine. I will miss her a lot but I have a strong testimony of the Plan of Salvation and know that she will be fine. I pray that she accepts the restored gospel when it is presented to her. I only worry for Grampa, who I'm sure is not taking it very well. I will continue to keep him in my prayers as always and emailing him.

   Is Dad ok? I know that he too knows that Grammie will be fine but I know he must miss her dearly. I hope he can talk to Grampa about it and help him feel better too.
   We had a cool experience this week. Elder Johnson and I were biking down the street, going to contact a few less actives in the area, when a guy driving a little blue car slowed down next to us and asked me if we could talk to him really fast. So we went to the nearest parking lot and stopped. He got out of the car and introduced himself. He continued to tell us that we were a sign from God. He said that he wanted to make some changes in his life because at the moment he was not where he wants to be and now is the time. He had apparently done something to hurt the relationship between himself and his wife, who is a less active member. And wants to be baptized by the end of this month right around her birthday. He is super cool! We went to his house the other day and taught him the Restoration and his wife was there for part of it. We get along really well and his wife is super nice and they have a super cute little 18 month old daughter. They came to church yesterday for sacrament but then left because he promised someone he'd go hunting with them. We'll talk about that later though haha. I have lots of faith that he will improve.
    We're talking with a lot more people now and staying busy. A busy missionary is a happy missionary. 
  Thanks for keeping me updated, I love you so much! Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment