Friday, November 6, 2015

Week 40

     Hi Mom!
      I was kind of hoping that we'd get some crazy storm and more stuff would happen. But there was just a lot of flooding. I thought it was going to be crazy! Our zone leaders called us and told us that it was the worst storm/hurricane recorded in the history of the western hemisphere. But all we got from Mexico was heavy rain. Which is good I guess, nobody got hurt here and we can still work. We went and had an interview for one of our investigators then came home for a few hours waiting for the storm and then left around 5. 
     Bobby, our current investigator has been progressing a lot and passed his baptismal interview on Friday and was supposed to be baptized yesterday, but this is never an easy process. His wife is a less active  member. They have been married for 2 years and have a 20 month old daughter. They are super cool, Bobby is the coolest investigator I have had. His goal was to get baptized this Sunday so that he could take his wife to the temple in a year and get sealed for her birthday. But she had a business conference in Houston and because of flooding couldn't get home in time. So we'll just do it next week. Which kind of stinks because they will have to wait like  2 weeks more to go to the temple but I'm sure it's not a big deal. 
      I can't help but feel like it's my fault for not having more success. Even though I'm still junior companion I feel like I should be doing more, teaching more people. I fear that I have become "area dead", when you stay in one place for a long time and get bored and complacent. Which is an easy thing to fix, I just have to visit new people and just make myself more fired up.
     I hope you do well in the art competition! That's super cool! I wasn't expecting you to get very far. Haha just teasing, looove you... You'll have to make sure that the new house has a good studio room. Or the new mansion since your artwork will sell for millions! Wooo! Haha
     Thanks for keeping me updated! Congratulations on your artwork, have a great week! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment