Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 42

   Hi Mom!

      Yeah I have a new companion and a new area! We are white washing! It's when the two elder that were here both leave and we come in brand new and we don't know anybody haha. It's super fun, so far we've just been going by and meeting members. It's super hard and I feel a little unproductive because our key indicator numbers are pretty low but.. that'll change once we know and start using the members. I'm in Rio Grande, its a small town and there's a little branch here. Apparently in the past a lot of Elders have just baptized young girls that had crushes on them so we have lots of less actives. It's a little annoying but it's what we have. Super... but that doesn't damage my animo to be here! We'll do our best, and I'm excited.
      My companion is super cool! Really, he is a brand new missionary, my son in the mission! At transfers they call out who the trainers are and we walk up to the front and then they say who our sons are and then we run up and hug eachother and then go sit down. And sometimes they pick eachother up or whatever. Haha and so my son gets called and I go hug him and then I grabbed his head and kissed him on the forehead. It was super funny and President just laughed and shook his finger at me haha. Gotta make a good first impression? 
     My comp's name is Elder Juarez De Leon. And yes, he is a native! He is from Guatemala City, Guatemala. He has perfect Spanish. He moved to live with him mom in Utah for about a year so he speaks English pretty well. He is like a super good latin dancer, he won competitions in Utah. So he pulls the ladies too. Haha 
     My Spanish will get a lot better this transfer, because he is fluent and also our area is in Spanish! yay so I finally get to speak it often. Except for.... I lost my voice about 2 days ago and its still slowly coming back. It's super annoying and I hate it but.. not much I can do haha so I'm just trying to do what I can. So yeah, that's why my voice seemed lower, because if I talked any higher, I wouldn't make any noise.
    
      Thank you so much for emailing me! Have a great week! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment