Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Week 14

We got haircuts! The new Elder in our house knows how to cut hair, but only one hair style so all four of us have the same haircut. It's pretty funny when people see all of us together. So don't be surprised if you get asked if Mormons have to have the same haircut. Hopefully not :P
    Who are the Elders in Nebraska now? Are they all new or has one of them stayed for a long time? I never really thought about how the mission there would be until I got out here. It was super hard over there, not that people didn't believe in God, they just seemed to not want to take the time. I guess there is a lot of that here though, I ask people why God is important to them and they say he isn't really and I don't know how to work with that sometimes. Another obstacle I run into pretty often is people literally don't know how to read. It happens more often than you would think. We have a member here who is 91 years old and never learned how to read and I was passing out "Teachings of the Presidents of the Church" for Priesthood yesterday and I gave him one. And he just took it and flipped open to a random page and pretended like he was following along. I felt super bad because I knew he doesn't read I just wasn't thinking. Also it was in English and he only speaks Spanish. Oh well..
  We finally got Jacob to be confirmed yesterday! He was our first baptism and ever since then we have been trying to get him to come to church on Sunday to get confirmed. It is hard because his aunt hates the church and he has to stay with her now because of his Grandma's health. I feel really bad for him, I feel like we set him up to fail. But I am going to pray for him as much as I can :/. We just got a new rule about that actually. If we have an investigator who is a youth, they have to be in church 8 weeks out of 12 weeks before they can be baptized and they have to stay for all 3 hours at least 4 times out of those 8. Also anyone who has any addiction or problem, needs to be free of it for 2 weeks before they can be baptized. Which is actually really good because that will establish going to church and everything as a habit. It is going to be hard but I know it is for the best. That rule isn't world wide though, just for our stake and a few others that I know of.
     We had some crazy weather here lately. For a few days it would downpour super hard off and on. I saw the most peculiar rain patterns. We were in the car and I kid you not it was raining on one side of the road and not the other, it would pour super crazy in like a 20x20ft area and nowhere else and then it would just move somewhere else. Super weird! Then the other night we were eating with a member and there was a tornado warning for our area! It felt just like home! Haha so we left early and drove in the rain home and all that night there was a really loud thunder storm. Sometimes it would shake the walls.
    Exciting stuff! Hope you guys keep doing awesome! LOVE YOU! 

Shaking up the workout....

No comments:

Post a Comment