Friday, March 6, 2015

Week 7

  Dear Everyone,

  I did get the Valentines day package, and Sis Odles, thank you both, I saved everything for the last night there and we threw a party. #mormonpartyprobs, we did toasts with the Martinele. Don't judge me I cant spell.
      This week was really great! We have 4 investigators, Jacob, who I was supposed to baptize yesterday but he didn't show up to church and we couldn't find him Saturday :(. But we'll get him eventually. He is 14 and met with the companionship before us and he knows everything. I don't really know what happened yet. But isn't that awesome!? He chose me to baptize him because I talked about basketball with him haha.
   We have Hermano Serna who is married to a member, they are both about 70 or so and have been married for like 40 something years. They regularly attended church in the past, but now she has I think brain cancer and has to travel to and from San Antonio every week day. So they use weekends to rest up. They are really nice and we got along with them well. I asked Bro. Serna if it is important to him to be with his family forever and he kind of gave me a dodgy answer, but I think with time we can help him.
   Another is Erica, she is I think like 28, has a boyfriend who is inactive and we taught the Restoration and challenged them to pray and it went well also.
   Then we got a new investigator just yesterday. Her name is Priscilla and she was a referral from the Serna's. We actually went to her moms house, the house across from the Serna's, and her mom is an inactive member and her daughter was there. Her daughter, Priscilla is super intrigued by what we had to say. It was really weird, it was like when we used to practice playing investigators in the MTC. She talked about how she feels guilty all the time and she wants to feel clean, and how she knows drinking is wrong and she knows she needs to quit and she has problems feeling God's love because she was a foster kid and how could he love her if her own parents didn't? It was crazy, and her mom and her were crying when we were teaching a little about repentance and she was like, "I never cry, and I never open up to people, you guys just feel different." And then her mom said, " That's the Spirit honey" and patted her on the back. I was like, WHAATT THE HECKKK.. It was super crazy and awesome. So I think we can see a lot of improvement in here in the next few weeks, and we set a baptismal date for her the 22nd of March. I'm pretty pumped from that experience.
        Preetttty sweet. My companion is really great.  He has a super thick accent cause he is from Ecuador and he mumbles when he speaks Spanish and everyone here makes fun of him for it. He is a really good missionary, very dedicated and inspired. Its cool.
Elder Rosero on his Birthday
Our mission Pres. is super great, I have heard a ton of stories about him having crazy revelation. Like knowing little things about people that doesn't even make sense. He was a former quorum of the 70 I think. He's really nice and has a great family too. I only met him once but I just know he's a great guy. They told me he reads these so I had to put that. No I'm just kidding haha. 
       My knee isn't too bad, its still swollen and I don't have full range of motion and I can feel its weakness but it doesn't hurt so that's good. Luckily my companion is a slow biker, so I can keep up with him! I got the sweaters like the 3rd day or something, thank you so much. They fit really well, which I thought is weird cause they are xls but I guess I am pretty huge so... Haha jokes.. haven't washed them yet so hopefully they don't get too small. But apparently in a few weeks it will be like 100 degrees and I will soak through my shirt with sweat. People say it gets so hot their shins sweat. I cant wait...
      Also this mission is huge on ties. People have ties here that are worth like $300. They didn't pay that but they know what brands are good and what to look for so I'll probably learn. I still like my ties though, they may have nice ones but most of them are old man ties, mine are prettier, lol. Thank you for all of your support! I miss you guys, but not too much ;). Have a great week and don't let dad hurt his back anymore! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment