Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Week 99

    Hey Mom! 20 Degrees? Oh man, that's gonna be a little bit different. I wonder how missionary work is over in Maine? Elliot is getting so old! Wow Nathan must be freaking out huh? 
   This week was really good. So you know that familia we've been working with? The Mendosa's? So they're awesome, sooo prepared, so we baptized them yesterday! We taught them a ton this week and they love the church. They were interviewed and then baptized! Also, the font in our chapel here for some reason is the worst ever and basically has the same spout as a sink and puts out that much water, so it takes like 3 hours to fill up. It's super annoying. Also, the water wasn't getting any warmer so we ran around during church trying to figure out how to turn on the hot water and turns out, we got new water heaters in the chapel. We no longer have the really big barrel things for water heaters, we have the new high tech little boxes that like heats it up as it flows through. So idk if they just werent working or what, but nobody in the church could figure it out so, the water was a little cold. Actually it was 65 degrees, and felt like ice when we stepped into it. At least they'll never forget their baptism right? It was pretty awesome, four of them were baptized, the other three are too young. But something that's awesome is that Marco Mendosa, the dad is going to get the Aaronic Priesthood next week after his confirmation and then he has a son who turns 8 in January and he is going to baptize him! Isn't that so great?! This family is such a miracle, they just fell right out of the sky. They came to a wedding that was at the church, a member invited them and we've been working with them since. Another cool thing is that they live in our apartment complexing, so we can go visit them all the time. And they love to feed us, so if we ever have the munchies we can go bother them! Haha I'm kidding, but I know they will be like the missionaries favorite family that get visited all the time, it's cool to think about. I'll send you some pictures, I think Melanie, the little one, is kinda hiding, she is really shy. 
     We had interviews with our mission President this week, it's my second to last interview of my mission. I'll have one like my last day as a missionary. That stinks. It was really nice though, he told me in the beginning, "Usually I ask missionaries what language they prefer, but since you speak like a Mexican, we'll do the interview in Spanish." It was kinda nice, like a little "woohoo!" moment haha. We just talked about life after the mission a little bit and how it's important to finish strong so I can start out life strong. It was a pretty short interview, I'm not sure what the last one is like. 
     
     So in the last transfer of your mission you do this online course called "My Plan" And it is exactly that, the plan that you make for after the mission and how you're going to keep up with studies and institute and schooling and all that jazz, and this week is on Dating and Temple Marriage. This is gonna be so fun this week, I plan out my wife, what I want her to be like, I watch awkward videos on dating and stuff, it'll be great. But yeah, it's actually kinda scary, more and more often people are like oh wow, you're going home soon. This Sunday everyone was like oh wow, are you excited to go home and spend the new year at your house? I'm not really excited to be home, and the mission be over, but I'm excited to see family and play in the snow and stuff. I can continue to do missionary stuff when I get home though, not like life just stops right?
      I hope you'll notice in these pictures that my white shirt is a slightly different color than everyone else's. Haha that'll happen after 2 years of sweat I guess.
 Thanks for keeping me updated mom, I did get the package this week, thanks so much! Also something crazy! So I started using this new shampoo like 2 months ago and it has menthol in it and it's super cool cause you know when you like chew minty gum and you breathe in and its all cold? It makes your whole head feel like that and I think it's cool. And it's the same shampoo you guys sent me!! What in the world?! We must be family or something!
      Have a great week, talk to you soon! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment