Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week 85

     Hey! This was a good week too, nothing crazy but was a good week. Yeah, my knee is doing a lot better already, it's weird, it doesn't take that long to heal anymore, just a few weeks. It's almost back to normal, we played basketball yesterday and it didn't bother me too much.
     This week elder Stewart and I have realized how much we love the food here in Texas. On Monday we were biking around and passed some guys sitting down, and I felt like we should go talk to them. So being so incredibly in tune with the spirit, we biked on past them, until it nagged at me enough to go back. So we went over, and they were really nice, invited us to come and sit with them at their picnic table outside their house. They were some old dudes and one of the guy's handicapped son. We sat there and talked with them about their day, of course they had all had a long day of work and were just relaxing and drinking a few beers. And they had these hugggee lemons! Like they were the size of volleyballs. It was crazy! They gave us one but we forgot it there when we left, sad day. They were really nice and gave us bbq, that is what started this rant haha. Every bbq here in Texas is like the best thing ever. The bbq here is soo good. Everybody has their own "secret recipe". And theyre all super generous, so many times we'll just be biking by and some random guy will give us a bunch of food.
    We helped a member of ours move, the one from Brazil. But they moved like 100 ft down the road to a different apartment. So it really was nothing. And then we ate pizza with them. Apparently in Brazil on pizza they put ketchup and mayonnaise on it. We tried it, it's actually not too bad. I love going to their house, I don't know why but the fact that we can barely talk to each other is super fun. They had a friend over and we watched the restoration video with him and it went really well. 
     We helped another member move! Also, just moved back to his old house. It's way out in the middle of no where. And when we got their there was this big stuffed dog, and he is an old dude so I figured he doesn't use it. So I asked him if he wanted it, and he said no and he gave it to us. Haha we named him Beethoven. This week was Elder Horne's birthday, an elder in my district, so we baked him a cake and the dog was his birthday present. It's like bigger than he is. It was pretty cool, we did it during our zone activity yesterday and everyone thought we went out and bought it, but nah, we're just poor missionaries.
      I guess we did a lot of service this week, we helped an older couple move a safe into their house, which was really heavy but we had a dolly so it wasn't too bad. But the old couple are like the perfect couple. He's an old Texan with a big ole mustache and a great accent. And she also is a sweet old Texan lady who's super sweet. And they're super cute together, they took us to get pizza afterwards and he walked her to her door and closed the door and held her hand to the car and all this stuff, it was super cool. I love seeing old couples like that. And they have awesome stories because he was a US marshal for a long time and went through segregation and all that. 
       During a lesson with an investigator he told us that he wasn't really feeling super good about the church and all, and didn't feel like he wanted to come back. Which was sad, and we talked about it and why we do what we do as a church. And in the middle of our discussion he asked me what I wanted to do for work after the mission. And I told him that I've always wanted to go into the medical field, and he told me I should go into sales haha. Which was cool I guess, I don't think he really understood the point of us being there, we're not selling a product but.. yeah haha.
      We had a little old man come to church with us this week, we met him while knocking on doors, which is a new rule of the mission, we have to knock doors for at least an hour a day. Which is super weird for me because my whole mission I've been told it's a waste of time, but that's what our mission president told us to do so we're doing it. Anyways we helped this old guy (Roy) to trim his plants and mow the yard and all, and he came to church on Sunday, he really liked it and we're going over to talk with him today.
          Was a good week this week, hope everyone is doing well, have a great week, Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment