Sunday, May 17, 2015

Week 17

This is the letter I received the next day after we got to Skype with Elder Birrell for Mother's Day! 




Hey! Good to see you guys too! It seemed super weird though. It feels like I've just been away at like a camp or something. Crazy to think it's already been 4 months. Seems like yesterday when I was coming home from church and watching silly movies. Now, everyday is Sunday! Haha really though everyday feels like it's Sunday. Well, more like Sundays don't feel the same, except instead of like a district meeting or something we have church. Just about every day we have a meeting until like 2 or 3. Another thing I didn't know about the mission.
  I think a normal backpack will be great, they're even easier to get into, the pockets and stuff, just if you could, find one that is waterproof cuz I don't want to ruin my escrituras. 
   There are a couple guys next to me and they are speaking super TexMex. It's driving me crazy. It doesn't make any sense.. Like every other word is in Spanish and then he'll say a word in English.. Pick one, lol?
    I feel like a lot of times there isn't a word for something in Spanish. And so they just use the English word. But then I think about it and there is no way, its just that everybody here only knows tex mex. Elder Rosero sometimes doesn't even know Spanish, he has forgotten a lot he says. He taught me a rap in Spanish the other day so I know like 4 lines of a rap song in Spanish. I don't exactly know what it means but I get the basic idea.
   Nobody gardens here.
   For music I don't know if you can send me like downloads over email that I could just put on my flashdrive and then burn it onto a disc or what would be easier.. But we can listen to a lot of different songs. Anything from EFY, just as long as it is church related. I have learned to appreciate slower music more, because it's really all that I can listen to haha. I can listen to piano versions of songs, like if there is a pop song that I missed, I can listen to the instrumental. But I cant really think of any right now. 
    Hope your weeks goes well and work gets better! I love you!

Back of Kearney Nebraska Stake Conference Program <3

No comments:

Post a Comment